Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Uncle Bruce's Persepctive



One thing that Logan's love has definitely done is brought our family closer together. It's sometimes hard because they live 3 hours away, and we had become lazy about getting together. However, they all loved Logan so much that it gave all of us an incentive to drive the 3 hours to see each other. During Logan's first year of life we had such amazing support from Grandma and Popop, Aunt Sunny, Uncle Bruce and Beth. They were ALWAYS coming up "just for the day" and I even took Logan to visit them a few times. I'm so grateful that Logan has helped us strengthen our relationships with everyone we love. That's one of his gifts, I think, spreading love!!

Here are Uncle Bruce's Thoughts:

Love transcends disability. That is what Logan has taught me. I know he has a disability but I just don't care, I love him for who he is, my nephew. The disability doesn't matter. Love is why we all raise money and jump into the cold bay waters. When I interact with Logan I see his own love of life and his innocence that is greater then most other children I know. Its because he loves too. His growth as a child is because of love, love from his family and his many friends. He has learned from this and in turn shares his love with us. And that is not a disability!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment