Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Super Plungers!!


As I said yesterday, there is a group of extraordinary individuals who plunge into the icy cold waters of the Chesapeake Bay, in January, 24 times in 24 hours!!! Each "Super Plunger" raises over $10,000. They are more than Super Plungers, in my opnion, they are super heroes!!!
Anyway, after that first year, when we took our baby Logan to visit them on the first day of plunging, I left feeling amazing, really hoping we had made an impact. A couple of years later I got the following letter from one of the super plungers. In a way, Karen Pizza is the inspiration for this blog.
Thanks Karen!!!

From Karen Pizza:

My name is Karen Pizza. I am one of the super plungers from this year’s polar bear plunge. Tom forwarded the letter you wrote to everyone and I asked for your email address. I wanted to let you know personally how much seeing Logan helped me.



On Friday, right before we took our first plunge, I was asking myself what was I doing? Did I really want to do this thing? Was I nuts? Then your family was introduced. I knew then that this was the reason, and everything was going to be ok. Meeting him later that day really set everything in order. What a cute, adorable baby. His smile is enough to knock you off your feet!



Then on Saturday morning, I was hating life. Even after the sun came up, when they say it gets easier and the end is in sight, I just wanted to go home. I was tired, cold and just wanted to get away from everyone. Then Logan came through the door. My entire outlook changed. Seeing your adorable baby boy, with the happy smile on his face reminded me of why I did this. I am blessed with two healthy children. My being uncomfortable for a few hours is nothing compared to what you, as his parents and he have to go through every day! Words cannot describe how quickly I felt better and was re-energized and ready to go!



Thank you so much for bringing him! He and your family are in our prayers every night. I look forward to one day seeing him compete in the summer games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment