Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good morning Everyone!!! Thanks again for all the great responses. We love them and I just know they'll be so helpful to new parents. They'll also be really nice for Logan to read when he's older. Love you all!!

The following is from Logi's very favorite Aunt D!!!

When I remember back to when Logan was born, it is strangely not the day that he was born that I remember vividly, but rather several days later when my dad called me to tell me about the confirmation that Logan did in fact have Down syndrome. I was living at the beach at the time and I remember I just kept think after he was born that 'everything was fine, I was sure that he did not have Down syndrome, and that we would just carry on our lives "like normal no problem".' Then, I received that phone call. And I cried!!! I locked myself in the bathroom and I cried. My friend Jenna was there that day and I remember her knocking on the door and came in a hugged me for a long time. Shortly thereafter I went home to visit my family and spend time with my new nephew Logan. The very first time I held him I remember like it was yesterday. I could even tell you the exact outfit I was wearing! The reason that I remember it is because of the way I felt when my sister put him in my arms. (I'm getting teary eyed just telling the story right now goodness sakes! :) ) That was one of the most joyful moments of my entire life that I could not even put it into words. That day has surely changed me forever. Since meeting our little Logi Bear I have had the pleasure of watching him grow and learn and change each and every day. He has developed the most charismatic and lovable little personality that I crave seeing him just because he brings an instant smile to my face. He is the most cheerful and friendly little guy and wants to be everyones best friend. He has recently developed some new dance moves which he enjoys showcasing for visitors along with his sing along cds keeping himself highly entertained for hours :) He loves to be outside and play sports with the guys, especially soccer and football which his adoring little sister has become quite the competitor in as well with him. His most favorite food is pizza and in particular he loves Italian Gardens in Towson. It absolutely astounds me how perceptive he is that he can actually see the tiny sign for the pizza place from the beltway when he is in a car that drives by it and almost instantly shouts "ZA ZA!" and points! Za-za is his word for pizza right now and he knows the difference between real pizza and the kind that you sneak meat or vegetables onto believe me. He could also be a connoisseur of various Pizza Restaurants in the Towson area due to the fact that he will only dine at very specific pizza spots. :) Strapazza being among his favorites....Every thought I have about Logan is positive and joyful and I just feel so blessed to be a part of his life. I have realized in my experience with him what a true pleasure it is to be able to witness the successes and strides of a child like him growing up. He is an incredible inspiration to me each and everyday and when I think back to that silly day that I actually CRIED when I heard Logan had Down syndrome it makes me laugh and be grateful for this learning experience for me personally. Before Logan when I thought of Down syndrome it seemed different and unusual. It even was scary to me because I didnt know anything about it. What I hope to be able to do, is to share my experience with others who are also thinking of Down syndrome in the same way that I used to before I found out what it is really all about and tell them that it is ok. Folks with Down syndrome are loving and wonderful people and if ever anyone has the privledge of spending time with them you will be truly inspired by their spirit.

I am so thankful for my Logi Bear!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment