Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Amazing Friend

Meg Miles and I have been friends since freshman year of high school, which, actually wasn't that long ago ;) Meg is such an amazing person. She has such a deep inner strength, it radiates off of her. I'm truly blessed to have her as my friend because not only does she often lend me her strength, but she is incredibly rational so she helps me solve many problems.
Unfortunately, even though we both have 2 children each they are all 4 different ages. So, Meg and I see each other quite often at our "girls night" dinners but our kids don't get together as often as we would like. Meg has 2 beautiful boys and, even though they aren't "close" now I'm sure they'll be great friends, just like Meg and me, when they're older.
Thanks Meg!!

By Meg Loester

Katie was the first of all of my friends to get pregnant and I couldn’t have been happier for her and Sam! Throughout her pregnancy I was so excited by the idea of a new baby joining the gang. I’ll never forget the day she called to tell me that Logan was diagnosed with Down syndrome. When I hung up the phone I was shocked, confused and sad for my friend and her family.

Katie and Sam were young and healthy and the last people I would expect to have a baby with DS. I was so worried about how this would affect Katie and Sam’s lives, both now and in the future. But over these last three years, I have seen what a blessing Logan has been to their family. I have never seen a child more loved than Logan Hudson. The first year of his life there was always a line of people waiting to get their hands on the little guy. At parties I had to wait patiently for the grandparents, aunts and uncles to have their time with him, but occasionally I was lucky enough to hold the happy baby who always made me smile. These days it’s still difficult to have special one-on-one time with Logan. He’s a very busy boy with lots of friends and a hectic schedule! But every now and then I spend an afternoon hanging out with Logan and I see how lucky Katie, Sam and Maddie are to have him in their lives. He has inspired his family and a large circle of friends to learn more about Down syndrome and to support the cause. I always look forward to my next special Logan time when we can turn on the radio and have a dance party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment