Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

The Godfather


My younger brother, Brendan, is Logan's Godfather. And, he could not be a better fit. Brendan has absolutely loved and adored Logan since the minute he was born. I'm telling you the two of them have such a special bond. Logan gets so excited to see Brendan. When he walks in the door Logan just goes flying to him. Brendan is such a nice, kind person, I'm so grateful he's around to be Logan's mentor in life.
Love ya Bren!!!

By Brendan Anderson

My favorite memory with so far with Logan was watching him cheer at the Special Olympics pep rally. Everybody there was getting pretty loud but he was sitting/standing in his seat with his huge Logi smile, arms up the whole time and yelling “woohoo” until he was horse. He is such a fun and enthusiastic little guy I love spending time with him.

I am really grateful to have Logan as my Nephew and Godson; but not just because he is awesome. He has really introduced me to this entire other world associated with the Special Olympics. The plunge is the best. Everyone I’ve met there is so great. Everybody is so supportive of each other and just good people.

The first year we did the plunge was about 8 months after Logan was born and I remember hearing Katie say afterward she had been nervous about having a child with DS because we didn’t expect or really know anything about it until Logi came along, and the plunge was the first time she started to see everything would be ok for him. That’s what made me so proud to participate in the SOMD stuff. I hope that all parents faced with that news and have no idea what to expect get to have that reassuring experience.

Logan’s a great kid and I can’t wait to see him grow up and continue to be part of our lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment