Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Logan's Great, Great Aunt

Today's blog was written by my Dad's fabulous Aunt. Aunt Hillary has been one of the most supportive members of our extended family. I believe it's because she's so knowledgeable about people with disabilities. Aunt Hillary is my great Aunt, and Logan's great, great Aunt and believe me, she really does deserve all those greats!!
Thanks Aunt Hillary :)

By Hillary Klein

For forty years I was a nurse and took care of countless people of all ages with everything possible that could be an illness or disabling condition including newborns with Down Syndrome. Knowing my great, great nephew as a very special little person has been a wonderful experience for me whenever I do get to see him. I don't see Logan as DS but just a neat little
boy who seems to be able to do so many things like any kid. One really gains a huge amount of respect for the parents and families of special children, the time, the effort, the dedication to enable them to reach their full potential. Keep doing what you're doing and you will be successful in educating others and giving voice to those who need advocacy. Great Aunt Hilary

1 comments:

Maypoman said...

Thanks Aunt Hillary. Great perspective from someone who has had a long career (in addition to raising your own family) being a very compassionate caregiver to so many people.
Gary

Post a Comment