Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Nicholas Family!!


So, we've been friends with Jen and Brian for a long time. We were friends in high school and college, good friends after college and great friends now. I know it's going to sound like I say this about all of our friends and family, but Jen and Brian were really there for us when Logan was born, they were so supportive and kind and caring. We knew that Logan would be accepted into their world, and their kids world and that was an amazing feeling when we were so unsure of everything else. Over the past 3 years I have called on Jen for advice on MANY things. She's always there to listen to me and always, always gives me the best advice. I do not know what we would do without the Nicholas family. We love them so much!!
Thanks Guys!!!

By: Brian and Jen Nicholas

Brian and I have been blessed to have known Katie and Sam for about 15 years now. And through these years there have been so many times that we have looked up to them for different reasons. We have admired Sam for having the courage and vision to start his own company. We have applauded Katie and her dedication to teaching history to middle school students and tutoring kids today. But through all these examples and plenty of others, what Brian and I have consistently admired most about Katie and Sam has been their dedication, compassion, and overall strength in parenting.



When we first saw Katie and Sam while Logan was still in the hospital after he was born, we had come to their home to drop off dinner. I was worried about what I would say, but as soon as we saw Katie and Sam, all that worry went away. I was blown away by the happiness and strength I saw in their faces. They both gave us huge hugs when we saw them and began to right away tell us about Logan, what the doctors were saying, and their "plan of action" for when he came home. Already there were books about Down Syndrome on the table as they were both gathering as much information about DS as they could. I was blown away at that; so many others would have wanted to bury their heads in the sand or run away from all of this. But not Katie and Sam...they tackled everything head on and have been that way since.



They are constantly thinking of new ways to raise money, awareness, and connections for Down Syndome. Whether it's the plunge, the 4 mile race, or the sports activities that Sam has started at Towson for Special Olympics, they have dedicated so much of themselves for so many other families with DS children. This is something that Brian and I truly admire about them.



So when I sit and think about this blog, Logan, and all the wonderful things about him, I truly feel that while Katie and Sam are blessed to have Logan, he is equally blessed to have them. I can only hope that Brian and I can be the parents that they are! They are truly and inspiration to me, my family, Logan, and all familes. Thank you, Sam and Katie, for everying that you have shown us: love, dedication, compassion, humor, and strength. We love you and your family so much.



Brian and Jen Nicholas

0 comments:

Post a Comment