Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Logan's First Words!!!

Kate has been a member of the Anderson family for over 6 years now...bravo Kate!!! She is so sweet and my children, especially Maddie, adore her. We all love Kate!! Logan always includes her in his nightly prayers, sometime in leiu of Brendan (sorry Bren). Anyway, Kate was Logan's first "speech therapist" getting him to say his first word at Bethany Beach in September of 2006!!
Thanks Kate!!

By Kate Collins:

Logan is such a fun little guy, the fact that he has a disability is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of him. I’ve had the privilege of knowing him since he was born, and he’s always had such a happy, pleasant disposition in general that you can’t help but smile when you’re around him (especially when he laughs!).





I remember we were on a family vacation in Bethany Beach, all staying at one place together. Logan was maybe about 6 months old and I was playing with him on a blanket with some animal toys and saying the names of the animals to him. I was holding up the lion and said ‘lion’ to him and out of the blue he said it back! I was amazed at the time but it seems almost every time I see him now he knows how to do something new (I still remember the first time he could do high-fives too- he’s so cute!).




Logan is an inspiration in regards to the leaps and bounds he’s made, with the support of his great family and friends. He’s opened so many people’s eyes to the fact that there really is no ‘normal’, that it’s all relative, and for this I truly believe everything happens for a reason. I can’t wait to see how far Logan is going to go in life and how many more people he will continue to touch and inspire!

0 comments:

Post a Comment