Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Questions, Questions....

Someone asked me this weekend, "what are some of the worst things people have asked you about Logan?"  And, I had a response right away, but, as I thought about it some more, I realized there aren't A LOT of things that have offended me over the past 4 years.  Obviously, there are a few, but in general, I'm just really happy that people care enough to ask questions.  I understand that not everyone knows EVERYTHING about Down syndrome, I don't even know everything about DS, but I WANT to share the knowledge that I do have.  So, please, keep asking me questions.  I probably won't be offended, and I love to talk about it and raise awareness.  I also realize that sometimes, in an effort to be "politically correct" you feel like it's better to not say anything at all.  I do NOT agree, ask questions!!!  Show you care, we'll tell you if you aren't being "PC."  Hahaha.

However, their is one question that one person asked and I want to set the record straight right here right now.  Not in 1 million years, not for 100 BILLION dollars would we ever, ever change a thing about Logan, extra chromosome and all.  We feel the same about our girls as well.  We love, and cherish all of our children.

We are so eternally grateful to be Logan's parents.  We feel like we were chosen for a reason.  The hardest thing about being Logan's parents are that we know the stereotypes about people with Down syndrome and it's hard to realize that people sometimes think those things of our child.  But, we try, every day to dispel those myths and stereotypes.

So, please, please, please ask me your questions, tell me your thoughts and share what you know with others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment