Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Difference Between Girls and Boys

First of all, let me start by saying, ahhhhhh, it's Saturday. Crazy busy week, and another one coming up so it's nice to be sitting here sipping coffee and relaxing!! Hope everyone else is doing the same.

Luckily, I have a hair appointment in a few hours, so Sam has to take Logan to soccer (hehehe...planned that one well, huh?)

So, as we were rushing out of the house the other day to go to school, Maddie all the sudden screamed, "I need my lipstick!!!!" That kind of stopped me in my tracks, because, WHAT?!?!? I DON'T even wear lipstick. How does she even know what it is? However, in an effort to avert a temper tantrum, I dug out some chapstick from my purse and watched as she very delicately applied it in the bathroom mirror. I basically just stood staring at her with my mouth hanging open.

I've sorta felt this way since she was born. Maddie and Logan are SO different, and so stereotypically girly and boyish. Logan would NEVER put lipstick or chapstick on. He doesn't even like it when we put lotion on him after his bath. And, speaking of baths, Logan HATES baths. Why? Because he LOVES dirt. He seeks dirt out. He'll walk 20 feet out of his way to jump in a puddle on a rainy day. Maddie will walk 20 feet out of her way to AVOID that same puddle. She doesn't like to get her shoes messy. She has, I don't know, maybe 30 pairs of shoes. Logan has 3 pairs.

One day last spring, it rained. It was the perfect rainy day to play outside. So, I put their boots and raincoats on and out we went. Logan thought this was the greatest thing of his life!!! Maddie thought I was trying to torture her, and finally just asked if she could go in to go to sleep. She was holding her hand up to her head as if to say, "This God awful experience has so exhausted me, I need to take to my bed immediately."

Very, very different these kids.

When I pick Logan up from school, I ask him a million questions about his day, "How was your day?" "Did you have fun at school?" "Did you play with any friends?" "Did you make a craft?" "Did you have a snack?" "Did you go outside?" IF I get an answer, it's a version of no (nope, nah, NOOOOOO).

Maddie, on the other hand, tells me step-by-step what she's done from the minute I dropped her off, until the minute I pick her up. It goes something like this, "first, i played play dough at the table, I sat next to Sabrina and Sam, we made apples. Then, I took care of my babies, Mrs. Judy helped me. Mrs. Judy loves me, I'm her best friend. Then we did circle time and I sang 3 songs. The letter of the day is C and we learned about the number 3. For snack, we had............." And it goes on and on and on like this until I put her down for her nap. SOMETIMES she wakes up TALKING about her day (you know, in case she forgot something).

Anyway, it's just funny to me. These kids of mine....so different.

Alright, I'm off to paint Maddie's nails :)

Happy Saturday everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment