Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Best Buds

About 6 weeks after Logan was born, another little angel entered our lives.  Declan O'Conor Bell was born on July 8th and he and Logan have known each other since then.
We did everything with them when the boys are little and this is the first year they're not in some sort of activity together.  We miss them, but luckily see them often.
Declan is an amazing boy, who comes from an amazing family and we're so blessed to have such wonderful friends in our lives.

Here's from Molly and Declan Bell:


Last year Dyer and I expressed how much Logan has touched our lives in these past four years.  For this year’s Downs Syndrome Awareness month, our son Declan wanted to share some of his thoughts.  I was happy to be the conduit because it’s always refreshing to look at life through the eyes of a child.  His words are not profound, but indeed sincere.  After hearing what Declan had to say, I’m even more grateful that my sons have Logi as a friend because he makes all of our lives a thousand times richer just by being a part of them.  We don’t think of it as having a friend with Downs. Logan is just our friend. A great friend, but just a friend, like all the rest. However, we’re not the same as any friend, because God made us each unique, just like snowflakes. Some of us are tall, some of us are not. Some of us have glasses, some of us don’t. Some of us throw righty, some lefty. But, Logan did Gymboree, Declan did Gymboree. Logan sings and dances, Declan sings and dances. Logan enjoyed playing at co-op, Declan enjoyed playing at co-op. Logan talks a lot, Declan talks a lot. Logan loves donuts, Declan loves donuts. Yep, NDSS is right, they are more alike than different!

My Friend Logan

“Logan is my best friend ever. And, we have been best friends, forever. Since we were tiny babies. We have so much fun together.  I love playing lacrosse, teeball, basketball, soccer and golf with him. He is really great at playing dress-ups too. One of my favorite things to do with him is go to the Fourth of July parade. I hope we always do that. Logan is a really good talker. He is always nice.  He gives really good hugs and high fives. And, he always lets Mac play with us.  I just love Logan with all my heart. I think he has really cool eyes, cool shorts, cool shoes, and awesome baseball bats. God made Logan extra happy.  I’m so glad I get to be his friend.”

~ Declan Bell, 4 years old







0 comments:

Post a Comment