Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

CDSPG

Whoops, forgot to write yesterday!! Does it count if I write ABOUT yesterday, do you think? 

The reason the blog slipped my mind is because we had our first annual CDSPG bull roast yesterday and I was feeling slightly stressed about it.  Tricia and I recently took over as co-presidents of the CDSPG and we just have so many things going on I was worried that we hadn't paid enough attention to the bull roast.  However, it turned out to be a phenomenal event!!!  The people who put it together could NOT have done a better job.  It was such a well run event, and I think everyone who went had a blast.  I know I did!!

I remembered something yesterday, as I looked around the room at all my friends, that made me chuckle.

When Logan was first diagnosed, the Doctors at Hopkins were SO positive about his diagnosis(I firmly believe that their attitude is the reason that Sam and I handled the news so well).   Anyway, they were constantly reinforcing that DS wasn't that scary, and that everything would be okay, and the day after Logan was diagnosed, one of the Residents brought me the CDSPG post card with all the contact information.  She said, "This is a great group of people, you'll love them and, just think, you'll have a whole new group of friends." 

This sort of irked me because, I thought begrudgingly, I don't NEED or WANT anymore friends (I was still a little bitter).  However, I called them, and went to a few playgroups, then the adult social, then the new parents brunch and, slowly but surely, started to get more and more involved, and somehow I did end up making a whole new set of friends.  And, let me tell you, I LOVE that I've met these friends.  They ARE the greatest group of people.

I feel so blessed to have Logan in my life for so many reasons, one of which is my "new" group of friends.  These are the people who will always understand what I'm going through.  And, because they know, they'll always be there for me, and I for them, when we need each other.  It's such a warm feeling to know that we'll be in each others lives literally for the rest of our lives, and that we don't have to "go it alone." 

This isn't to say that I don't love and appreciate my other friends, I already wrote about how much they mean to me!, but this is a different kind of love and support and I'm eternally grateful for the amazing group of friends I've met because of my precious Logan!! 

I'll attempt to put pictures up from the Bull Roast later, I'm not very good at figuring this blog thing out so, fingers crossed, I'll be able to do it :)

Happy Sunday and GOOOOOOO RAVENS!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment