Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Big Brother

Jen and Brian have been friends of ours since High school and we LOVE them to death.  They are 2 truly wonderful people.  They were the first in our "crowd" to have a baby and he's just as wonderful as they are.  Conor Nicholas is now 8 years old and we really, really love this kid. 

I mean, honestly, Conor is one of the greatest kids you'll ever meet.  He's a super sensitive little boy with a huge heart.  He truly looks after all of our little ones.

We're all lucky  to have Conor in our lives, but our kids are especially blessed to have him as their "big brother."

Thanks Conor for this super sweet, funny, heartwarming post.  Logan, Maddie, Georgia, Sam and I love you!!!

From Jen (Conor's mom)

When the five of us finally sat down for a family dinner on Sunday, I asked Brian about his blog writing status for Logan.  We decided that this year another member of our family would write about Logan.  Not surprising, Conor immediately asked what we were talking about.  I told him about Ms. Katie's blog for Logan and how different people were writing to and about Logan through the blog.  It just so happens that Conor is working on pen pal letter writing in school.  He asked if he could do one.  I decided that the first person to get me their letter would  be the "blogger" for our family.  Again not surprising, Conor came back first with a letter that he had written to Logan.  Here it is (unedited and all despite the English teacher and mom in me!).

Dear Logan,

As the oldest kid in my family and our moms and dads' friends, I feel like the oldest brother of everyone.  I like to watch over everyone to make sure that nobody gets hurt.  So I decided to tell you about some "life lessons" about school, third grade, and everyday life that I have learned.
1. Have fun everyday
2. Always listen to your teacher
3. Always read
4. Don't go in the girls bathroom
5. Don't get caught picking your nose
6. Lock your bedroom door so your sisters can't get in
7. Unlike my brother Brady, always wear underwear
8. Just be yourself!!!

Logan, you are an awesome kid.  I will always watch over you.  I am happy to have you as a friend and "little brother".

Your friend,
Conor


0 comments:

Post a Comment