Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Our Peeps

I ran into my beautiful, wonderful friend Leigh today and we started to talk about the blog.  Leigh is a friend I met after I had Logan, Logan and her son went to preschool together.  Anyway, Leigh said that she loved reading the blog post I wrote about the first couple weeks of Logan's life.  I hadn't read it in a while so I came home and looked it up.

I realized that all the same things I wrote in there about our friends and family continue to be true and it's so amazing to me.

If you haven't read it, here it is (http://logands.blogspot.com/2009/10/mine.html)

In that post I openly admit that I did not have faith that our friends and family would stand by us, I thought eventually they would all ditch us and move on with their typical lives (in Italy) and we would be living our lives all alone over in Holland.  (I know that's maybe a confusing analogy for some of you, but my peeps in the DS world will get it, it's not exactly my fave analogy anymore).

Anyway, I go on to say that I was very, very wrong.  Everyone loved us and Logan and took care of us and helped us and celebrated with us and it was perfect.

What I realized today is that I continue to doubt people, and I don't know why!!! because they continue to come through for us.  When Logan started school, I was sure that he wouldn't be loved or accepted, but, of course he was (Leigh is proof of that!!!).

When we moved into this neighborhood and started a new school, I was a nervous wreck!!  I thought for sure that it would be a disaster and I would have to home school Logan and he woulnd't have any friends.  You have NO IDEA how wrong I was about that.  Logan is so loved at school, the parents of the kids who are in his grade are so amazing, and kind and open minded and they have created a community in which my child is loved, adored, protected and nurtured.  I'm so eternally grateful for every person in this fabulous neighborhood who has welcomed us with open arms and accepted Logan and helped him blossom.

Today I'm going to talk to Logan's class about DS.  I'm just going to read them a little story and give them some 3 egged brownies.  It's something I did last year and the kids loved it.  On Tuesday, I sent an email to the parents and told them I would be going in today.  So many people responded thanking me and telling me how much their child loves Logan.  I can't believe they're thanking me!!!!!  I'm the one who is so, so, so thankful for all the good people in this world who are working hard, with me, to make this world a better place for all of our children.

Life can be very hard sometimes, and there are definitely bad people in this world, but there are also some very, very, very good people and having Logan has given us the ability to see so much of that goodness.  That is truly a blessing.





0 comments:

Post a Comment