Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Cheering

I have to write this, because it's so awesome, but I only have about 5 minutes, so I apologize profusely for any typos:)

Logan had gym class today, which he loves, but possibly not his strongest subject.  In a few weeks, the kids are having a race (the turkey trot) so I'm assuming they're practicing for the race in gym (1/4 mile for first graders).

Anyway, I'm stuck in the house with a sick 3 year old all day, so I'm catching up on alllllllll the unendless laundry and also have all the windows open because I need the germs OUT.   As a result of windows open, I've been hearing the sweet little kiddies practicing for their race on the field across the street from our house all day.  I love hearing the kids out playing!!

So, I'm in my room (front of the house) putting laundry away this afternoon, and all the sudden, what do I hear, but "Logan, Logan, Logan" coming from across the street.  I quickly pull up Logan's schedule in my head and, yup, he's in gym right now!!!  I run out, Sam's in the driveway and he hears it too.  We couldn't see Logan, but we saw the kids cheering and jumping for him.  I thought maybe he was coming in last and they were cheering for him, but it turns out they gave a him a little head start and then cheered for him the whole time.

Who are these children?!?!?!  I mean this is a world where we hear of bullying and terrible, awful things happening to and because of children alllll the time, but these kids are letting Logan win and cheering for him.  Seriously, it brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it.  These kids have hearts of gold, they're amazing, Logan's amazing.  This is a great story, I wish I could express it better, I wish you could fully explain how my heart felt when I heard them cheering for him.  I wish you could fully understand how much it meant to Logan, how big the smile was on his face.  I just don't have the words (and also, Maddie is MELTING down because she doesn't understand her homework and Georgia is saying she's going to throw up so I kinda have to scoot).

Also, I NEED to tell you about the day I went in to talk to Logan's class about DS.  Again, a really great experience.  First graders ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Dear Katie, this moved me to tears and then some. What a wonderful day for Logan and you and Sam too. I cannot fathom the joy that escaped from your heart as you heard these cheers for Logan. Much Love
Kathi O'Conor

Post a Comment