Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ahhhh....the mornings:)

I'm not going to sugar coat this blog post today.  Mornings are pretty much the bane of my existence.  I wrote about  mornings a few years ago on this blog (can't find that post at the moment) however, things haven't changed that much. 

I loathe waking up, especially when it's cold out, I would love to just sleep in my bed, all cozy and warm, until I wake up on my own.  Obviously, that's not an option.  Soooooo, I set my alarm clock for 7 a.m. and almost always wake up determined to have a quiet, calm morning.  It almost NEVER happens.  Other stuff happens, like we can't find the exact dress that Maddie wants to wear, or the exact socks that Georgie wants to wear, I don't often understand how Maddie wants her hair done, I haven't packed the correct stuff in their lunches, etc.,etc., etc.  Logan doesn't really complain in the morning because he's usally busy eating.  He generally eats 4 pieces of toast, a couple of bananas and sometimes a few waffles too.  Logan is a VERY SLOW eater so this takes him almost the whole morning.  

Anyway, I'm not going to go into all the gory details, but it's usually a cluster f--k from about 8:15-8:30 when I finally drop them off at school.  (Yes, I drop them off because we don't have 1 extra minute to spare to walk across the street to school.  No judging!!!!)

Almost everyday last year, when we got to school, Logan decided he didn't want to go to school anymore.  At that point, I would bribe him with anything and everything I could possibly think of, "Logan, if you go to school, you can play the wii when you get home for 18 hours, you can have pizza and tacos for dinner, I'll take you to get an extra large snowball, you can play with my phone allllll night long, please, please, please get out of the car and go to school.  PLEASE!!!"  Eventually, he would take pity on me and hop out and then very, very, very slowly meander to the door (sometimes it would take him 15 minutes to walk about 50 feet.)

That was last year.  This year has been a little better because Maddie is going with him and he likes that, there still not always great.  But, THIS MORNING!!!! Ahhhh, this morning was the BEST!!  We got out of the house on time, pulled up to school behind our friends.  Logan hopped out, kissed my cheek and took off with his buddy.  The crossing guard crossed them, some little girls he went to preschool with ran up behind him calling his name, he said "hi" then continued on with his pal.  He stopped about halfway up, turned around to wait for Maddie, then they all took off together.  I actually stood there and cried because I LOVE mornings like this, I LIVE for mornings like this.  It's the very best.  And, I don't owe him anything when he gets home today:)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie, I didn't know that you wrote daily blogs...I started reading a few and I am addicted. It makes me wish that I could hang out with the kids especially Logan and get to know him more. He is growing up so fast and you are such an amazing mom! I think of you often. Courtney Guidera

Post a Comment