Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Teachers

I have a bigger, greater post that I'm working on that will better reflect how I feel about these amazing people in Logan's life but I feel like Logan's teachers, his actual schoolteachers, deserve a whole blog of their own.

Just so you all know, I was a teacher before Logan was borng.  I was getting my masters in Special Education from TU while I was pregnant with Logi.  Sooooo, I have a TON of respect for the educators in this world, I always have.

However, seeing the way that Logan's teachers have treated him since he entered school has raised my level of respect for them higher than I ever thought possible.

Logan has been in school since he was 3.  He started in the 2s program at a little preschool right up the street, he's been fully included with his typically developing peers every year of his 5 year school career and EVERY SINGLE TEACHER he has ever had has worked their butt off for him.  They've made modifications to the work for him, they've communicated with me (ad nauseam, because I'm a pain in the ass and require constant communication;) , they've loved him and protected him and they've taught him SO much.

I know we won't always be so lucky, but today I feel so blessed for the 9 teachers that Logan has had so far, my family will be eternally grateful to them.




0 comments:

Post a Comment