Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

We Are Blessed....

Lots of people say this to me, "you are so blessed."  Meaning, we are blessed to be Logan's parents, Logan is blessed to be our child, Maddie and Georgia are blessed to be his sister, etc.,etc.

I think about this statement every time I hear it and wonder what that means?!? It baffles me occasionally because, to be honest, sometimes I forget how blessed we are because, well (again, just being honest), Logan can be a real pain in the ass.  I'm pretty sure he's not a pain in the ass because he has 47 chromosomes but because he's a 7 year old boy and, truthfully, that's more of who he is than anything else.

He's just a crazy, wild, LOUD boy!  Overly enthusiastic about sports and Star Wars, under enthusiastic about school and homework, very, very happy to annoy and irritate his sisters, and not above blackmailing his parents to get what he wants kind-of-boy.  Last time I checked, these were just that, boy things, not DS things.  So, yeah, more alike than different.

I think that's why I had trouble drumming up inspiration for the blog this month, because even though the extra chromosome is a part of Logan and our family, it's not who he is or who we are.  However, this month is a time of reflection for me and I do believe we are very, very blessed to have Logan in our lives, and I believe Logan is very, very blessed to have all of YOU in his life.  So, that's going to be the theme of the blog this month, our blessings.  Hopefully, each day, I'll get a hot minute to write some stuff down about our blessings.

For today, I'm pretty happy with the fact that Logan is a pain in the ass.  For a while, after he was born, I was afraid he wouldn't be "just a boy", but he is.  He totally is.  And, even though I don't care for Star Wars or SportsCent er or irritating his sisters, I'm secretly glad he loves all those things and I feel blessed that he does.

Stay tuned....

0 comments:

Post a Comment