Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Growing Up

As almost all of you know, it's pouring buckets here in B-more.  All 3 kids had school today, so I decided it would be a great time to clean the house.  Not just clean the house, clean the house, purge the house of toys and clothes that we no longer need.  I naively thought I could do the whole house in the 3 hours that Georgia was at school.  Baaahaaahaaaa.  Yeah right, we have so much junk I now think it might takes months, even years, to clean this house.

However, I was lucky enough to get through the bedrooms (the kids bedrooms).  And, I have to say, as much as I hated doing it, it was kind of a cathartic thing to do.  I do enjoy cleaning and getting rid of things, I just sometimes feel sentimental about getting rid of them.

I started with Logan's room and the awesome thing is that he's grown out of most of his clothes from last year.  I KNOW a lot of you may be wondering why that's a "good" thing and it's because, for a long time, Logan didn't grow very fast.  Don't get me wrong, he's certainly not growing at warp speeds now, but he is growing, getting taller and thinner, he's losing all his baby fat!!!!!  That makes me sad.  But, I'm happy he's growing.  We don't have shirts with cars or teddy bears on them anymore, now it's Star Wars and Under Armour.

Next, I cleaned out his toy chest.  This is where I get REALLY sad.  My sadness stems from the matchbox cars.  Logan loved matchbox cars for years and year, the movie, "Cars" was his favorite.  He would spend hours in his room playing with the cars.  As I was sorting them all, I realized he hasn't played with cars in a really long time, like maybe a year.  And, I don't know, it just hurt my heart a little.  I really loved my babies when they were  babies, I loved my squishy, kissable, lovable Logi bear, but he's not really a baby anymore.  He's really growing up and while that does make me sad, because I'll forever miss the sweet, amazing baby that he was, I'm really happy and excited to see him grow up.

He's a pretty neat kid and I'm so enjoying getting to know him.  I mean I've always known him, but now he's expressing himself so much more and he's funny!!!  And he's really kind and very empathetic.  He's happy and sweet and smart but also very stubborn and a little manipulative at times.  He's also a really, really hard worker and that's maybe the thing I admire in him the most.  Things do not come easy for him, but he never gives up and he doesn't complain, he just keeps working.

Today, I'm truly just feeling so blessed to be able to watch this boy grow into an amazing young man.  I'm happy to see the effect he has on others, and the way he's changing lives and minds.  He's a pretty cool little guy!

On a completely different note, anyone interested in a couple thousand matchbox cars? :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment